From 05/10/2017 to 06/10/2017 the 4rd national IP Workshop took place at the RWTH Aachen. Around 25 participants from the academic and industrial sector were presenting and discussing the latest research results and newest developments in the field of IP. Afterwards the member of the working group IP met for a session.
The next meeting will take place within the 78th annual meeting of the German geophysical society (DGG) in Leoben/Austria (Website) on the 12/02/2018.
The next international meeting will take place from October 3-5, 2018 at Rutgers University Newark/USA (Lee Slater, Workshop website).
Literature from the last two international Workshops:
- 4th International Workshop in Aarhus/Denmark 2016: Special Issue IP (Induced Polarization – narrowing the gap between theory and observations) in Near Surface Geophysics (December 2017, Volume 15, Number 6).
- 3rd International Workshop in Ile d’Oleron/France 2014: Special Issue „New trends in Induced Polarization“ in Journal of Applied Geophysics (Volumes 123 and 135).
The technical committee „IP“ (induced polarisation) was founded as an informal group of scientists and practitioners working on IP and SIP (spectral induced polarisation) at the DGG general assembly 2004 in Berlin. Since 2005 we are an official DGG working group. A special session on SIP is a result of our activities.
Since then we are meeting periodically twice a year during organized workshops and within the annual meetings of the DGG. During the meetings we exchange the latest research results and developments. Since 2009 the working group initiates an international IP meeting held for the first time in Bonn/Germany. From that time on an international exchange is organized biennial (2009 – Bonn, 2011 – Denver/USA, 2014 – Ile d’Oleron/France, 2016 – Aarhus/Denmark).
The working group is open to everyone for active or passive membership.
- exchange of information on research and experience with IP and SIP
- development of standards and reference materials
- collecting ideas for further work and projects
- disseminate the knowledge on IP
- IP database (M. Halisch)
- Collection of publications in a list (T. Radic)
- ftp Site, for access please contact the speakers
- Overview of measuring cell systems for laboratory SIP measurements (M. Münch, available on ftp site)
- Development of a reference test network to test measurement devices M. Münch,S. Kruschwitz, T. Radic, E. Zimmermann)
- List of accessible and well-known test fields (E. Lück, A. Kemna, A. Weller)
- Collection of SIP models (N. Klitzsch)
- Collection of IP/SIP modeling and inversion software (A. Kemna)
- Database of samples and lab results (M. Halisch, A. Weller, E. Niederleithinger)
- Exchange with international IP working groups (France, USA, England, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, South Africa)
Active member institutions with contact persons
- BAM/TU Berlin – Sabine Kruschwitz
- FZ Jülich – Franz-Hubert Haegel, Egon Zimmermann
- LIAG Hannover – Matthias Halisch, Thomas Günther
- RWTH Aachen – Norbert Klitzsch
- Radic Research – Tino Radic
- TU Berlin –Frank Börner
- TU Braunschweig – Andreas Hördt
- Universität Clausthal-Zellerfeld – Andreas Weller
- Universität Bonn – Andreas Kemna
- Lund University – Tina Martin
The working group maintains a newslist of interested scientists. For subscribing or sending an email to the list please ask one of the speakers.