The first DGG colloquium on “Induced Polarisation” took place during the last DGG Annual Meeting in Braunschweig (04.03.-07.03.2019). It was co-organised by the committee „Applied Geophysics“ and presented the state-of-the art practical applications and current research topics in the field of IP. The publications of the colloquium can be found in the proceedings (mostly in German). During the DGG conference the AKIP came together for a short meeting.
The last National IP Workshop took place during the Bucha-seminar “Hochauflösende Geolelektrik” in Leipzig (January 2019) and was well attended. The last International IP Workshop was organized in October 2018 at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA (Website). The approx. 120 attendees discussed a lot about five topics: petrophysics, biogeophysics, modelling, field applications and data processing and inversion. The publication of a special issue is planned in the Near Surface Geophysics Journal for late 2019.
The next national IP workshop and AKIP meeting will take place in autumn 2019, it will be organised by LIAG in Hannover. The exact date and time will be announced as soon as possible.
Literature from recent international Workshops:
- 5th International Workshop in Newark 2018: Special Issue in Near Surface Geophysics forthcoming
- 4th International Workshop in Aarhus/Denmark 2016: Special Issue IP (Induced Polarization – narrowing the gap between theory and observations) in Near Surface Geophysics (December 2017, Volume 15, Number 6).
- 3rd International Workshop in Ile d’Oleron/France 2014: Special Issue „New trends in Induced Polarization“ in Journal of Applied Geophysics (Volumes 123 and 135).
The technical committee „IP“ (induced polarisation) was founded as an informal group of scientists and practitioners working on IP and SIP (spectral induced polarisation) at the DGG general assembly 2004 in Berlin. Since 2005 we are an official DGG working group. A special session on SIP is a result of our activities.
Since then we are meeting periodically twice a year during organized workshops and within the annual meetings of the DGG. During the meetings we exchange the latest research results and developments. Since 2009 the working group initiates an international IP meeting held for the first time in Bonn/Germany. From that time on an international exchange is organized biennial (2009 – Bonn, 2011 – Denver/USA, 2014 – Ile d’Oleron/France, 2016 – Aarhus/Denmark).
The working group is open to everyone for active or passive membership.
- exchange of information on research and experience with IP and SIP
- development of standards and reference materials
- collecting ideas for further work and projects
- disseminate the knowledge on IP
- IP database (M. Halisch)
- Collection of publications in a list (T. Radic)
- ftp Site, for access please contact the speakers
- Overview of measuring cell systems for laboratory SIP measurements (M. Münch, available on ftp site)
- Development of a reference test network to test measurement devices M. Münch,S. Kruschwitz, T. Radic, E. Zimmermann)
- List of accessible and well-known test fields (E. Lück, A. Kemna, A. Weller)
- Collection of SIP models (N. Klitzsch)
- Collection of IP/SIP modeling and inversion software (A. Kemna)
- Database of samples and lab results (M. Halisch, A. Weller, E. Niederleithinger)
- Exchange with international IP working groups (France, USA, England, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, South Africa)
Active member institutions with contact persons
- BAM/TU Berlin – Sabine Kruschwitz
- FZ Jülich – Franz-Hubert Haegel, Egon Zimmermann
- LIAG Hannover – Matthias Halisch, Thomas Günther
- RWTH Aachen – Norbert Klitzsch
- Radic Research – Tino Radic
- TU Berlin –Frank Börner
- TU Braunschweig – Andreas Hördt
- Universität Clausthal-Zellerfeld – Andreas Weller
- Universität Bonn – Andreas Kemna
- Lund University – Tina Martin
The working group maintains a newslist of interested scientists. For subscribing or sending an email to the list please ask one of the speakers.